I've been looking for a list of the credit card vendors by size. Which are top vendors? Not just by revenue or amount of transactions, but who is the best to deal with if you have a website that is doing less than $10M per year? Less than a $1M per year?
I've heard that Sage and Authorize.net are the leaders.
Soon, it's time to segment the market a little to explain the roles.
1. Credit card vendors. These people are brand names: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Card, and Discovery.
2. Bit Movers. There are technology networks: First Data, Concord
3. The technology of the gateway: Vital, Nova, FDN
4. Merchant Account Vendors - ie banks: BOA, Citibank, WellsFargo, West America West Corps, Wachovia
5. ISO - Independent Sales Agents - These "feet on the street" are affiliated by contract with a bank to sell their merchant services. They are usually registered.
Post a Comment